Wednesday 1 February 2023

Roy Jenkins and Tony Benn debate : The European Communities membership r...


I am just watching this debate, that at the start said how strongly each, and it was more like a fight?
I only watch a a few minutes, and each Tony Benn and Roy Jenkins have said they opinion and view point with logical reason.

I do not see that with 55 Tufton Street slogans of support of Brexit, which I find had a more simple view of our role in Europe and the EU, to promote fear and hate of "Strangers" and outsiders.

I must admit, that I am more in the pro camp, that the UK could and had played a major part of what the European Union become today, and out Westminster had a major say in that, equal to any other government , but I fear that some in our government want a unequal say, and to ignore others who do not agree with them, which is not democratic, to just need to have our own view or opinions win, as we might be wrong.

No comments: