Wednesday 20 September 2023

Notes

 My keyboard is playing up with the iPad Pro.

S/S Princess of England from 1958 I think started to be used for cruises 🚢, and one of the places was Canary Islands. 

I think my mum flew back from Quebec, she a photo of her getting off an aircraft , but do not know the date, but by then, air travel was use more.

I know she was working in some bar, got photos of this, still do not know where it was.

I think they spend a year or so there, but do not know why I think this? 

I might be super wrong about this, just I know she got to Canada 🇨🇦 on this date, and the photos of her getting dressed up, working in a bar.

I think it was Thanksgiving event at the bar, so got photos done. 

I do not know if they plan was to go there and live, or just work there, then come back, which they did?

I was planning to ask a lot of questions, but when I was there, I could not think of anything to say.

I did find a book on the Canadian Steamship Limited, which had something about S/S Empress of England.



From 1956 to 1961, the company acquired its last three steam passenger ships Empress of BritainEmpress of England and Empress of Canada. Competition from airlines forced CP to retire these ships in the 1970s. The company looked towards bulk carrier and tanker fleets as replacements for its steamships.

In 1971, the company changed its name to CP Ships Ltd. Container ships added as Intermodal freight transport became popular. Intermodal transportation integrated well with CP's rail assets. In 1972, CP Ships regular transatlantic passenger service from the Port of Liverpool finished with the sale of Empress of Canada.

No comments: