Saturday 21 January 2023

Saturday notes

 I just payed a cheque from DVLA / HM Paymaster General for a refund of car tax, amount of £110.41 into my Halifax bank account via my mobile phone app, so I do not need to go to the branch , which is more easy for me, but bad for City Centres, and local areas, when the bank closes they branches. It saved me a little time walking to a Halifax branch, and it help that it was printed cheque too, but if this was writing with harder to read writing, than may be? and walking is good for me,

Some people say this is more modern, and we can not stop this for selfish reasons, well we need to make the changes work for everyone, and if some people suffer, do things which help them.

I do not think we should use technology as a way to divide people with some who can benefit and others who can not, forgotten,

I also think ๐Ÿค”, that City / Town centre need Bank branches as well as ranges of Local owned run shops, not just national or international chains, with restaurant's ๐Ÿด , cafe's, pubs, coffee shops, etc, for people to met and mix, with each other, we need social contract, not just in the cyber world, but real one too, plus jobs, investment in our local areas, and to keep spending more local too.

I use Amazon, which is one of the biggest international on-line shops, great to use when everything is ok, and if you live in more rural areas, do not have to drive and cope with traffics jams and the prolems of parking that many large town / cities have.

We could just let the markets rule over us, but we are part of that too, in what we do and how we spend our money, if we want a more mixed , with online shops and real, then we need to spend our money in supporting what we want, I need to spend my money in more local shops, cafes, businesses.





No comments: