This is not connected with this You Tube video, well normal for me, to talk on something else?
I just thinking of Ian Nairn , who had his own ideas of British architectural , and what it should be.
I also learned he seem to have loved Newcastle, and was born in Bedford, well it might be by choice, if my memory of someone else opinion, of his, is true of course.
I sure many people love Newcastle and Bedford, and many other cities around the UK, each of us can love cities or not, choice.
what every we think, it better to understand the past, what has happen, and learn more, to make a judgement on it, if positive or negative.
So my comment has nothing to do with the video, silly me.
I think it better to read and watch Ian Nairn, makes a lot more sense, and more easy to understand than what I have writing here.
so here a link, to do that.
I am watching Ian Nairn talk about Newcastle, I think it one of his more early work with the BBC, he had of course some strong opinions, but said them in a way that should be understood, we need debate, to understand what has gone wrong in the past, and what we can do, to correct this, each of us can have a different opinion, but if we share, we might learn from each other, and find a better way, even why we can be wrong.
Michael Noël: I feel the same way. There is nothing wrong with having different opinions, but we must always respect each other. We must strive to understand where someone is coming from before passing judgment.
No comments:
Post a Comment