Saturday 13 August 2022

Johnny Weissmuller TRAGICALLY DIED after Revealing Himself to be Involve...


I am watching this video, thinking I remember him, a sports person from  - 

Johann Peter Weißmüller was born on June 2, 1904, in Freidorf, in the Hungarian part of Austria-Hungary (now part of Romania) into an ethnically Banat Swabian family.[8][9] Three days later he was baptized into the Catholic faith by the Hungarian version of his German name, as János. Early the next year on January 26, 1905, he embarked on a twelve-day trip on the S.S. Rotterdam to Ellis Island alongside his father, Peter Weißmüller, and mother, Elisabeth Weißmüller (née Kersch). Soon they arrived in Windber, Pennsylvania, to live with family. Johnny's brother Peter was born the following September.[7]

Weißmüller homestead, Freidorf

Three years later they relocated to Chicago to be with his mother's parents. His parents rented a single level in a shared house where he lived during his childhood. Fullerton Beach on Lake Michigan is where Johnny's love for swimming took off, having his first swimming lessons there. He excelled immediately and began entering and winning every race he could. Johnny's father deserted the family when Johnny was in the eighth grade. He left school to begin working in order to support his mother and younger brother.[7]

When Weissmuller was 11 he lied to join the YMCA, which had a 12 year old minimum rule to join. He won every swimming race he entered and also excelled at running and high jumping. Before long he was on one of the best swim teams in the country, the Illinois Athletic Club.[



A swimmer 🏊 but then the films 🎥 he was in, " Edgar Rice BurroughsTarzan in twelve feature films from 1932 to 1948", then snap, I had watched them films when I was young?

Of course film, TV, stage & actors, can easy become the same as the roles they play, in the mind of viewer's, and in my mind, he was Tarzan, because that was from my own point of view, I only remembered he from the films, so his past and outside his work in them films, I did not know, so could not understand.

Still as I write this, I can not remember the films, as I was so young when I watched them, but I  just remember ?

Memory is a strange thing, our view point is only made by what we see and can understand, I might remember but I still do not know the person.  


No comments: