Saturday 30 December 2023

Puerto Del Carmen Lanzarote - I Went To Spoons....


I got up early today, lol silly me, should of done that 24 hours ago.
I seem to spend a lot of time at Wetherspoons in Norwich, easy and still cheap.

I still like the more local pubs, but many pubs are part of national chains, or like Greene King, brewery  companies that have a history of taking over others, for they pubs, and close breweries they do not want.


I would still use a Greene King pub, and Wetherspoons?
May be I feel mixed about it.
Wetherspoons has it campaigns that they promote, less tax on pub foods and drinks, to match Supermarkets, and of course Brexit, which it supported.

Wetherspoons for the pubs, are mostly well run, the staff are quite good, mostly but busy, still just because the pubs are run well, I not going there for other reasons, like how the country, NHS, Police, borders, Councils, public services, etc, should be run, everyone got a right to have a opinion, and a right to say that, which is not a right to gaslight or slag off other people with insults? Still that is subject for debate.

If someone in a pub, tell me what beer they like the best, and I should drink that, I might try it, but if they said McDolands or Wetherspoons should replace GP services, then we can get drunk & a burger at the same time , plus they run better than the NHS (make a profit), well that a gift of being able to talk, without the need to understand the subject your talking about.

Silly solutions that do not fix any of the problems, just might sound good to the person talking about them, or better when drunk?
Coming up with a plan, and putting that into place, in a way that it works, takes time, just talking, is not the same.


I forgot what my point is, silly me.

I started off to say, this pub chain , in UK, is so popular, people copy it, in they own way? so get places that sound like it, when in other countries, may be to draw in Brits who want the same type of service.


No comments: