Tuesday 22 August 2023

Tuesday trip to Liverpool

 I got up early to get the 05:51 Norwich Thorpe to Liverpool Lime Street, but this East Midland Service was cancelled.

So I got the 05:33 Norwich Thorpe platform 2AA to Cambridge, as far as Ely, 755418  BMU 

At Ely I got the Greater Anglia Ipswich to Peterborough service, 755424 BMU, 06:58 Ely to Peterborough.


I then got the King's Cross to Edinburgh train, 07:48 Peterborough to York 801220 EMU.

This was a little late, it was due to arrive platform 5 at York, so I need to get to platform 9, but I was very lucky, this train arrived into platform 9 at 09:02.

then after this train left for Scotland.

802214, this train service started at Newcastle, going to Liverpool Lime Street, 09:04 York to Liverpool Lime Street.

got to Liverpool Lime Street platform 3 a few mins late, just after 11:09.


I had book two night in the Britannia Adelphi Hotel, for £96, a little more than £38 for one night, the last time (and first time) I stay there, that was room 301, I seem to be very luck then.

I found the Richard John Blackler Wetherspoon, I had breakfast here, it was popular, I notice Guinness was £3:88, and the prices was higher than the Norwich Wetherspoons.


I walked around the shops a little bit, sitting outside Liverpool lime street for about one hour or so, then I went to The Celtic Corner, £3:20 per pint of Guinness.

At 4pm, I went to The Adelphi hotel, and booked into this hotel.

This time it was floor 4, I thought he said 404, but he seem to have writing 469, but it was hard to read.

I could not get into 404, so try 469, that was my room.

It was a lot smaller than 301, that was like one big room and one small bathroom, and the door way was like a little walk way, in the middle.

but this was more like a normal hotel room.

Still , it was ok for me.

I then went back to The Celtic Corner , the next pint of Guinness was £3:20, then I went for a walk again, there was a lot of live music in the pub, and lots of Irish pubs.

I also notice, there was lots of people singing in the streets, as well.

I thought it was amazing, I found the Carven Club, or area, but could not make up my mind where to go, so went back to The Celtic Corner , the £3:20 must of been a Happy Hour, I did not see any sings for that, but other pubs around did have sign saying they had a happy hour or cheaper times.

The next pint of Guinness was £3:80, which was still cheaper than Wetherspoons.


I did have a early night, I was thinking of going out latter but felt too sleepy.



No comments: