Tuesday 16 July 2024

Hotel Adelphi - BBC - 1997 - Episode 1


Just going to watching this again, now back in Norwich after staying there last week.
Last week I stayed in room 446, and Wonder if this still applies now days ?

Adelphi Hotel rates in 1997 - 
Single Room £95  
Executive £110  
Twin / double £140  
Jacuzzi Suites from £160  
All rates inclusive of Breakfast .

I stayed in Adelphi Hotel room 446 last week, was a large double room, I think, so would cost £700 ? or £475 if I had a cheaper Single Room, I have had smaller room there, I think 402 was one of the more smallest I had so far.
I do not get breakfast of course.

In 1997,I used to go to Nottingham, to watch Forest, and could not get back to Norwich at night or evening matches, so stayed in Gresham Hotel, for £15 a night, with breakfast.
I think they're put they price up to £20, but keep charging me £15, as stayed there so regular .
I was very lucky to find such a good value hotel, in Nottingham.

I think this ws before Dynamic pricing was as widespread , as it is now days, as
seen in the about, Adelphi had a price list, on display, but now you find out the prices, by getting a quote, based on when you stay.
I do not pick Friday or Saturday, as the prices go up a lot, sometimes 4 times as much, or more ?

No comments: